Creating component geometries in LIBRARIANTM is one of the most critical tasks in the PCB design process, but it is a time consuming and error prone process. Just one mistake can result in slipped schedules and cost overruns. Now, theres a better way: GeomGen from Utilitek Systems.
GeomGen generates geometries from the physical device data found on a data sheet, such as lead pitch, body dimensions, toe to toe distance, and lead width. The geometries it generates from the physical device parameters meet all of your company design standards -- accomplished by a very flexible configuration file and a small set of custom routines that Utilitek writes for you that hook to our unique Geometry EngineTM technology. It is fully integrated into Mentor Graphics LIBRARIAN and FabLinkTM.
- Fast -- create a geometry in just minutes and eliminate delays in design schedules
- Correct by Construction -- correct geometry every time, no more PCB errors due to bad footprints
- Standards-driven -- fully implements your companys geometry standards consistently, every time
- Flexible -- highly flexible configuration file allows GeomGen to change as your standards change
- Customized -- unique Geometry Engine technology allows easy customization
- Integrated -- fully integrated into LIBRARIAN and FabLink
- In seconds, GeomGen creates a geometry to your company's specs, including padstacks, placement outline, silkscreen and assemby layers, keepouts, non graphical attributes, and all other aspects you normally build into your geometries.
- IPC-SM-782 registered devices' geometry data is automatically available from a database built into GeomGen.
- Create geometries using 3 different sources of device data:
- from the devices physical package parameters shown on its datasheet: GeomGen will calculate all required aspects of the geometry from the package data you give it.
- from your desired pad parameters and the devices physical package parameters: GeomGen will calculate those parameters you did not give it and use those that you did give it.
- from the standard IPC-SM-782 database that is built into GeomGen, or use an IPC registered land pattern as a starting point for a new geometry: GeomGen creates a geometry from its internal database of IPC device parameters with no data entry required.
- Automatically rebuild geometries you have previously built with GeomGen using a new configuration file -- for on-the-fly retargeting of your existing geometry library to different manufacturing lines, or for updating your geometry library to a revised geometry specification.
Take a quick tour of GeomGen - Note: This page contains some graphics
Download a demo copy of GeomGen
Another productivity tool tied into the Mentor Graphics database from
Utilitek Systems Consulting & Software
Consulting & Software